THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I am looking for and intermediate lenght mauser action either 98 or a nice 93

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am looking for and intermediate lenght mauser action either 98 or a nice 93
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to build a 22/250 for my youngest son before my body completly fails. I would prefer a clean military action altho I can repair minor flaws and pits. It can be in standard military configuration. Abarreled action would be consisdered. would prefer not to have to correct somebubbaized action tho been there once. thumbdown
please let me know what chaw got.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
I think the 22/250 pressure might be a little much for a small ring 93/95-96 Mauser action.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I would use a small ring M98 action.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Might try posting this request in the classified section.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
The MAP pressure in a .22-250 as per my saami book is 53,000 CUP or 65,000 PSI. and for comparison a 7X57 has a MAP of 47,000 CUP or 51,000 PSI. So the .22-250 is a bit out of range of anything less then a 98 in a mauser action.

I know you want a mauser action, And I know you intend to build this rifle for your son. But may I suggest a more logical approach. Find a used Rem 700 Gut it and start over. Parts will be easier to get. parts are also nearly drop in facilitating an easier build and it would be easier to get top accuracy out of.

And on the bargain basement side of things a Howa 1500 or a Weatherby Vanguard both under $600 out the door ready to shoot and pretty accurate too. The Howa comes in a package deal too where there is a low end but useable scope attached. It's not a leupold VXII but it's not a Tasco or Simons either

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kerry, What about the CZ527?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Ya know butch I didn't think about CZ but that would be perfect. Good action medium length ready to go.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 24-47 or a Yugo 48 would also work. Both intermediate length and still relatively inexpensive. I put together a 6mm Rem on a Yugo, worked out nicely.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote