THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Where to get new bottom metal for Model 70 300 RUM that is going to soon be a 404 Jef

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get new bottom metal for Model 70 300 RUM that is going to soon be a 404 Jef
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
I would like to replace the bottom metal on a Winchester Model 70 that started life as a 300RUM. I will be creating new life for this action in the form of a 404 Jeffery. I don't care for the stock Win setup.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sound Metal Poducts will be making bottom metal for your needs. Right now, bottom metal is being made for the Mauser 30-06, the next run is for the 300/375 pot belly and then the short mag.....and finally we'll be concentraing on M-70 stuff e mail me at cgrs@earthlink.net for "progress reports" Thanks Duane

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
One piece steel trigger guard assemblies for M70 are available from either:

http://www.williamsfirearms.com/onepiece.html

or

http://www.sunny-hill.com/products/assemblies/index.html

or go with Duane's suggestion as he participates on AR quite regularly and work quality is great.

Jim

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm using Williams one-piece bottom metal.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote