THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: so you want to get into the stock making business?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: so you want to get into the stock making business?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
jeffe,

you got about everything else, why not one of those

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Billy,
I am working on one of Les's single copy manual machines right now.. ... it's going to be awhile, but it will eventually come along.

Besides, I make mistakes enough working on ONE stock, i don't need to repair 24 in a line...

LMAO

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to get finished with one semi-inletted with out a major screw up.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wrong machine for doing gunstocks

one of us
posted Hide Post
wood in that thing looked like a CZ stock to me

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gus, it would work. The centers holding the wood to not have to spin. The cutters spin and do the cutting. You can make a cut into the inletting with the blanks stationary. Not my cup of tea but a typical (or not so) of a 95% inlet.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i realize the centers do not have to spin
the main problem is the cutter heads do not tilt to cut different angles
a better 90% inletting machine mutiple spindle is a salstrom

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a semi-inletted Fajen and I'm in waaaaay over my head. I've even thought about selling it.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gus, the Northstar didnt turn also, at least the one I saw. The cutter describe a radius as it came down. It appears like the big block holding the cutters may rotate on an axis. You are right in that the better ones unlock and you can change the angle as it descends. I can't imagine anyone using that for duplicating. I saw by the dimensions it was 28' long. Damn, there goes my shop.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the cutter head on a salstrom stays 90 degree to the workpiece because it pivots from above not from behind the headstock which is better than a machine that cuts on an arch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gus, it would be better. Any of them that cut on an arc are very limited. I have not seen a salstrom, would be interesting to see. The Hoenig plunges vertically and does not pivot. I am a lot more familiar with that machine.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Heck Chic,
I posted this as a joke...as it would take a hanger to house the thing!!

jeffe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, you could put it on wheels and do it door to door. Looks rigid enough to just weld on an axle.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Chic,
it looks rigid enough that i could weld a set of axels, and a generator, and power it off the spindles!!

artcar?

jeffe