Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Acrabond stocks??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rod,
Where can we see some photos of these stocks..I would be interrested in Obendorf design with panals on each side and an English classic ala Holland and Holland...sounds like you may be close with one of those designs.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod,a fascinating look at stock making.Why did you go with Tite Bond II.I know with a vacum press and a tight joint it's stronger than the wood.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Rod,
Where can we see some photos of these stocks..I would be interrested in Obendorf design with panals on each side and an English classic ala Holland and Holland...sounds like you may be close with one of those designs.

what Ray said.. an iron sights stock, please...

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We chose Tightbond II because its waterproof and machines like wood. There are no epoxy weight penalties and snagging on glue lines (which can occur unless you impregnate the whole blank).

We can apply the raised panels to any shape (I'd rather you finished them, though ). We probably don't have exactly the shapes you're interested in as most of the new geometries tend toward American lines in the buttstock. We have some pics on the website, but they're not very good. This week we are doing photo work at a professional studio. They'll be working on the Merlin, Lioness and Cheetah with Serengeti barreled actions mounted (in preparation for a ShotShow presence).

However, if you have an old Holland & Holland, or an Oberdorf stock, where the finish is somewhat worn, we would be interested in taking a look. It takes more time than money to digitize it. And more money than time to pattern it. Which way we go depends on who's doing what and how far behind they are. (everybody's behind).

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote