New
Find
Notify
Tools

After market synthetic stocks for M98..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a P-H rifle probably much like the one Archer was asking about. I ordered a Butler-Creek stock for the rifle but they sent me a Ram-Line stock, I think they're made by Syn-Tec. I was only charged for the price of the Ram-Line which is listed somewhat lower than the Butler Creek stock.

Has anyone had any experience with these Ram-Line stocks and are they any better or equal to the Buler Creek stocks?

Thanks,

GordM

Posts: 76 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ram line stocks on several rifles they work. I glass bed them. They are not as lite as some but they do the job.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several, they work great for a hunting rifle.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want real quality at a $100 price, get a Hogue pillar bedded stock.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have about six rifles in Ramline stocks, including two magnums.(.338 Win. and .375 Taylor) They work just fine and were just about perfect drop ins. I have only one rifle in a Butler creek, an FN Mauser.J.C. Higgins M50) The stock was for a Mauser, but you wouldn't believe the cutting and fitting I had to go through, plus glass bed work to make it fit. Still, the end result was just fine and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own.
My only gripe on Ramlines is they "boom" like a bass drum. You can go to the hardware store and get some expanding insulation foam. Use that to fill the hollow butt and forearm, and that will get rid of the booming effect. Be sure to mask everything off and be careful. That stuff really expands rapidly. Shoot the buttstock only about half full and quickly get the butt plate tightened down. I've done this to all my ramlines and the BC stock. The stuff is lightweight and does not appreciably add weight to the rifle.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses!

Perhaps I'll keep it and get it GB'ed.

Or maybe get the Hogue stock instead, I like the idea of having it pre-pillered.

GordM

Posts: 76 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote