THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Looking for a drop in adjustable trigger for a Ruger Mark II

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a drop in adjustable trigger for a Ruger Mark II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any suggestions?????Is there anything else you can do besides put in a lighter trigger ,sear spring on the factory trigger????Thanks ahead OB Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Any suggestions?????Is there anything else you can do besides put in a lighter trigger ,sear spring on the factory trigger????Thanks ahead OB Big Grin

Timney makes a great ruger trigger. it is close to drop in thumb you may have to fit (file)the safety boss on the trigger to the ruger safety Smiler Search this site for ruger triggers
there is a pdf file with good picts & directions for re-shaping your oem sear & trigger. Smiler

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Rifle Basix makes one as does Jard. They may not be totally drop-in, but easy enough.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just have a good gunsmith do a trigger job it! Those are easy triggers to get down to 2-2.5 pounds and very crisp. Aftermarket triggers are a waste of money with the way the stock one can be set up. I have done probably 40 of them.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SWD:
Just have a good gunsmith do a trigger job it! Those are easy triggers to get down to 2-2.5 pounds and very crisp. Aftermarket triggers are a waste of money with the way the stock one can be set up. I have done probably 40 of them.

thumb

I had my smith work on my Ruger trigger and it is now one of the best triggers I've touched. I asked him to set it at 3 lbs. It's almost perfectly 3 lbs and has ZERO creap. I almost wish it had a little creap left in it but after shooting it I certainly won't complain.

I should also say if it is an "adjustable" trigger you're after then by all means, buy a Timney. As they are a local company I might have a little bias but I have shot a 300 Win with one and it was an outstanding trigger.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done five triggers on Ruger Mk II's, three aftermarket trigger installations, plus two trigger jobs on the factory triggers. The easiest, and to me the best aftermarket trigger to install is the Rifle Basix. I did one with a Timney and another with a Spec Tech; both of those required filing the shelf on the trigger to get the safety to work. That is antsy. But, the Rifle Basix has a unique approach to getting the safety to work that requires no work at all. It's a no-brainer.
The two I did using the factory trigger were fine, but ended up at about 3 pounds pull. They started off at about 7 pounds pull. The others can be adjusted lower, which I prefer.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.I was a only able to get it down to 4 1/4 lbs. by swapping out springs.Not good enough.I will polish the sear and if that does not do it get a Timney or Rifle Basics.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Rifle Basics from Midway and got it today and installed it.Truely a drop in trigger.Got it set at 2.5lbs and it repeats that everytime.The saftey works harder than before ,but works as it should.I give it an A+,OB Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
I ordered a Rifle Basics from Midway and got it today and installed it.Truely a drop in trigger.Got it set at 2.5lbs and it repeats that everytime.The saftey works harder than before ,but works as it should.I give it an A+,OB Big Grin

Good job!!!
Glad you like it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How were you able to get the damned thing back together? I took mine apart in 1991 and it's still a pile of pieces in a shoebox...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote