THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for someone to refinish a stock.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am looking for someone to refinish a stock with what looks to be an epoxy finish. The stock has numerous dings and needs the wood cleaned up around the cheekpiece. I would like the stock back to me within about six months. Anyone interested or have recommendations?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Is this not something you have interest undertaking yourself? The biggest PITA is getting off the old epoxy finish. From there, it's gradual preparation.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
It's a fun DIY project and not difficult. Don't know why you would send it off to someone else.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We can do it. Shouldn't take more than a couple of months. Call number below and get a quote. Do you want a filled finish or oil?

Southland Gun Works
Darlington, SC

Posts: 3713 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I HATE refinishing stocks, especially epoxy-finished ones, and this one needs a bunch of dings steamed out, as well.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless the stock has important value I just might buy a new stock.

Paying a good person to refinish might be more expensive at todays shop rates.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The gun is a nicely sporterized 1903 Springfield in .358 Norma Magnum. Decent aftermarket stocks at are rarely found.