Find
Notify
Tools

Forend pattern template
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of w123driver
posted
This is my first attempt to make a rifle stock from a blank. Already completed inletting of barreled action (this is Savage 10 nutless setup). I am about to start shaping the forend, and I am wondering if I could use a pattern template to draw a contour on forend. I looked on internet and couldn't find anything. Perhaps if someone has it , could you please email me so that I can print it out. Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask this. I was going to make a 1/4" template of a savage 99 schnable forend to trace with a pattern router bit.

Posts: 6490 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A talented old gunsmith told me years ago " Just take off the wood that don't look like a stock"

Posts: 3631 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
A talented old gunsmith told me years ago " Just take off the wood that don't look like a stock"

Thats kinda like what the Machinist instructor said when he handed me a block of metal. the part you want is in there.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote