New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Band Swivel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a barrel band swivel stud that clamps on, rather that having to be soldered?

I have a very nice 03A3 that I had restocked and it does not have swivel studs, of any kind.

While I love the barrel bands, I do not want to remove the front sight or reblue the gun.

If no one makes a nice clamp on, I will start looking into a set of recessed ones, for the stock.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michaels & Uncle Mike's are 2 names for the same swivels, and Brownell's sells their clamp-on style in several sizes. You can also (sometimes) use the full-band style by cutting a thru-notch in the top side to allow it to pass to the rear of the front sight, and then soldering or epoxying it in place.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Remember you get what you pay for. It works but it's not meant to be fiddled with.

I'm not sure Brownells carries it anymore.

"Full magazine tube diameters .645-.660" for Winchester and Marlin centerfire
lever actions."

http://www.opticsplanet.net/un...115-cf-1-1331-2.html

Posts: 6446 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I new about the Uncle Mikes products, for Lever actions and shotguns, but I was hoping for something with a little better qulity and class.

richj, point well taken.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll probably hafta make it yourself. I end up fabbing over half of my own barrel band swivel bases since no one makes them in the pre-64 Win SG size.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote