New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH too Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm interested in learning what other LH shooters would like in a factory rifle offering , as well as from what manufacturers ?.

archer Calibers Heavy barrel varmint ? , wood or synthetic stock ?. epoxy bedded pillar , full floating Hammer forged barrels , blued or SS ?.

Please give input so as to start a petition to send to the most popular manufacture or manufactures . Please Remember NUMBERS = Sales

We have nothing to lose but a few moments of key board time !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like ALL the choices offered in RH actions to be made availible in LH actions.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LH Stainless CRF along the lines of the Kimber Montanas.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'd like more stainless laminate hunting rifles in anything other that 270, 30.06, 7 mag, 300 Win or any WSM's

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stainless actions and barrels in syn stocks and in any caliber .338 WM or bigger.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a rifle chambered in 416 rigby. i dont care as to plastic or wood but i would want a controlled feed action that would hold four or five down in the magazine and and be made of steel. no choice as to stainless or chrome moly.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything in 9.3x62. CZ or Ruger would be just fine. I would love the Ruger Alaskan in DiamondBlack finish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey WAIT A MINUTE !. archer

I or WE need to specify a couple of MANUFACTURES and Calibers, Stocks, Blued or SS barrels Heavy or Tapered in what contour ?.

The point is to Send a sort of Uniform request too a couple of Manufactures with " SEVERAL " LH shooters on board !. Like Hundreds of us !.

In a " Perfect World " anything and everything that RH shooters are allowed we should also be allowed to OWN . WE how ever DON'T live in a perfect world !.

Be PRACTICAL as well as Sensible , Varmint heavy barrel or Light synthetic hunting with additional calibers made available ?.

I'm simply suggesting some sort of guide line .

If we're talking Kimber or Montana then we're talking CUSTOM pricey Weapons . The whole point to this was getting a larger manufacturer on board with the " IDEA " we LH shooters matter to.
So SAKO CZ TIKKA Browning or ??. Someone like that . I used them as an example !. We just need to unify some what along those lines .

We all know that a " Custom Gun " can be built but personally I'm not much on board for those any more because of the COST !.

I prefer to Hunt, target practice , Fish , fuel the vechiles and eat. Rather than admire that $5K plus custom I own !!!!!!. So please regroup and reconsider some practical choices ,OK .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Ruger LH Heavy, like they're RH version chambered in evrything big & nasty that the Rightys get

Kimber LH, same configs as the RH, Montana especially.

LH Winny, lets see if they have some offerings with the new Mod 70. They had several with the older one, I would bet we will again, but unfortunately it will likely take awhile.

It would be nice if Rem would make a few like LH'ers in a SS/Glass config, and/or their Mnt Rifle. Oh ya & the model 7 in LH would be cool.

Think I'm sounding like "the perfect world" though Big Grin

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
#1 - a LH .22LR bolt gun, built to centerfire standards, stainless, accurate barrel of medium weight, plastic handle, D&Ted for real scope mounts & receiver peep

#2 - a LH walking varminter boltgun, just large enough for a .223 shooting 75 grain Amaxes and trim enough for .22 Hornet or .218 Bee, stainless, plastic, bloody accurate barrel, good trigger

#3 - magnum length boltgun in .375 H&H, CRF, intelligently designed recoil lug(s), stainless, plastic handle

#4 - 7x57 length boltgun, chambered in 6mm Remmy, 6.5x55, 7x57, etc, stainless, plastic, ...

A short action and long action centerfire boltgun are available already.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Ruger - short action stainless laminate in 243, 260, 7-08, 308, etc
Ruger - Xlong action blue and walnut in 375 H&H and 404 Jeffery.

CZ - x long action in blue and walnut in 416, 404, 375.

Remington - model 7 stainless in 223 through 308

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote