New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a set of these rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for new or used rings to fit a Sako Riihimaki L-46 low rings to fit the dovetails..Ive called around and the salesmen offer all mannor of advise and don't even understand what I need, want to send all manor of newer rings that will not fit this model..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My pet peeve - modern rings. All high or tactical. Surprised no one suggested a picatinny rail thumbdown

Dont think you can do bettwr than the original knurled wheel type. They are looow.

You wont find a single thing from a modern manafacturer.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Got to be some Sako/Tikka on the bay.
f:0" target="_blank">LOWS
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Looking for new or used rings to fit a Sako Riihimaki L-46 low rings to fit the dovetails..Ive called around and the salesmen offer all mannor of advise and don't even understand what I need, want to send all manor of newer rings that will not fit this model..

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.leupold.com/scope-mounts/rm-sako-1-in-low

Part # 49946

These fit the Sako tapered dovetail machined into their recievers.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yes, Optilock might be the go. Those bases are boxy and maybe not as low as the mounts Sako used to sell in the '60s, but I think Optilock used to sell another lower kind as well.

I've got the boxy bases on my L61R and, luckily, found they work with some Blaser rail dovetails I found online, but it all makes a mount higher than ideal.

Posts: 5115 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
https://www.leupold.com/scope-mounts/rm-sako-1-in-low

Part # 49946

These fit the Sako tapered dovetail machined into their recievers.

Jeremy

http://www.brunoshooters.com/product/7350.html
In stock

Advertisers have a lot of hunters convinced hunting a long range is the only way to go. Very high rings, Hubble Space Telescope, mounted to a heavy rifle. All more $$ to suppliers.
What ever happened to hunting skills and shooting at a reasonable range?

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

I've got a set low 1" I believe. I agree, all the current rings for these are junk. PM or e-mail me.

John

Posts: 565 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
It's a pity Leupold don't make STD mounts for Sakos. I had the Redfield version on my rifle for 33 years; they gave lateral adjustment and never missed a beat.

I notice the old Sako mounts, despite their square austerity, now go for 295 leather-bound Pounds* Smiler
(correction: it's only 75 pounds - the pics were underneath, not above the type)
http://gunshop-eb.com/Miscellaneous%20Mounts.php

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lllUSIUJE4M

Posts: 5115 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Leupold makes rings for the tapered Sako bases.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair with the hole under the ring and stamped 25.4. I don't think the lows had the hole, so maybe med?
Let me know.
Scott

Posts: 124 | Location: Boiling Springs | Registered: 16 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoever thought of the tapered dovetails idea must have been on some good drugs. They are a total cock up.

Posts: 640 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Well, metal, the tapered dovetails can add complications but do work against mounts coming loose. I had one set of Redfield swing-out mounts (like Leupold STD) on my rifle for 33 years and the only problem was getting the bases off and repositioning later. The dovetails do allow you some lateral adjustment of Optilock bases, as long as you have enough scope length to move the front base fore or aft. Considering all strength is now being put into the mounts (courtesy the fools paradise of image-movement), combining that strength with windage adjustment is quite a rarity.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Warne make them. I got a set a few years ago for my old L61R Finnbear.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a set of originals, with the old markings..and my Riihimakii 222 is all original..and shoots bug holes..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote