Find
Notify
Tools

Henshaw trigger shoe set screws
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted
I need to pull the HVA M38 barreled action from the B&C stock, but am having trouble unscrewing the set screws on the Henshaw trigger shoe that was installed when the rifle was sporterized.
I thought I had every size Allen wrench known to man, but am wrong! None of them fit!
Can anybody tell me the correct size wrench I need to use to take out those pesky screws?
Thank you.
(There are no publicly available reference charts extant for the Henshaw trigger shoe line.)

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are they Torx and not Allen head?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grab a Dremel tool and a cutoff wheel, shave a bigger one down until it fits.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the specific size that your shoe uses, but many of those set screws use tiny hex head screws that are not included in most sets. Your local hardware store should carry a selection. My guess is your need a .050, but they do make even smaller ones. They aren't expensive.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M Pursell:
I don't know the specific size that your shoe uses, but many of those set screws use tiny hex head screws that are not included in most sets. Your local hardware store should carry a selection. My guess is your need a .050, but they do make even smaller ones. They aren't expensive.

I ordered a set of “off size” tiny hex wrenches, including a .050. Ace and Flaig use that size, so hoping its a standard for shoes. Thank you for the suggestion. Will update when rec’d,

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted Hide Post
The new set of miniature odd-sized Allen wrenches did not contain a wrench that would fit these set screws. However, I was able to stone the .05 wrench to fit and got the shoe off and the rifle out of the stock.
Still not sure of the final size of the wrench required, but that shoe is not going back on the rifle to stymie the next person who needs to get it apart!