New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota Arms Stock Blanks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with getting Dakota Arms stock blanks? They advertised and inventory overstock and a 50% price reduction. I just wonder about the quality of their wood.

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Don,
Curious as to where you saw Dakota Arms stock blanks. I couldn't find it on their web page.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
http://dakotaarms.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?store=&search=yes&detail=yes&product=wood&category=&keywords=wood&hits_seen=&page=search.html&and=&affiliate_id=&exact_match=yes

I haven't bought any wood from them in a few years, but I purchased a few blanks from Don....both when they were in Minnesota and in Sturgis. I even picked out my own blank from their pile one time when I was passing through Sturgis.

I was always satisfied with the blanks.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be real careful dealing with Dakota on their wood. They grade their much higher than anyone I know. Their XXX English walnut would not qualify as X most places. Their prices even at 50% would not necessarily be good.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HuntersBid

I have bought a couple of Blanks of Turkish Walnut from the above web site. They have some very beautiful blanks at some outstanding prices.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Don,

I have no experience with Dakota.

I bought 3 American black walnut blanks from Robert at WATTS WALNUT

The blanks I recieved were as advertised or better. The pricing was very reasonable.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They've advertised at various times in different publications, but this time I saw it in the Dec. 19th Gunlist. I've checked out HunterBid.com and they sure do have pretty wood. Thanks to all for the input.

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks GV. I had found that page. Couldn't find reference to the 50% discount.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. Thats a great price on blanks.

I bought a X grade Carlo blank for $50!

I've always wanted to try to build a stock,

but since more than likly all I'll end up with is

a worthless pile of sawdust and wood chips ,

I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on the blank.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote