Find
Notify
Tools

Good Quality Quick Release Rings??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All,

I have a Thompson TCR '83 and several barrels for it, I would like to be able to swap a scope between barrels. I would like to get a set of quick release rings to fit the Weaver type bases on the barrels. I would like to get good quality rings with levers that can be set to line up correctly. Which rings would do the job?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations,

Marcos (elalto)

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Leupold QRW Big Grin

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold QRW will work fine.

They are also fairly cheap and available if you want to put them on multiple scopes.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw a "road test" once that compared Leupold and Warne QR rings . Warne were a little better for return to zero . Fit Weaver style bases too .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
warne

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I hate the QRW's and wouldn't own anything Warne. I'd look long and hard at Leupold QR's...

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I hate the QRW's and wouldn't own anything Warne. I'd look long and hard at Leupold QR's...

You need to remember that there are two types of Warne QR rings. The current Maxima series is big, clunky, and ugly.

The older now discontinued (although bases are still made) Premiers are slim trim sexy rings that look better than the Talleys IMO. Occasionaly you can find them on Ebay and have seen them here a few times.

The Premier's use a trim 3/8" dovetail base, not the ugly Weaver style that the Maximas use.

BTW - the Premiers are my favorite rings and I have them on the majority of my rifles.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have installed Leupold QR on couple of my hunting rifles. I wouldn’t know if they can return to zero but they can for sure return to pig/roo and that is good enough for me.
Cheers

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!