New
Find
Notify
Tools

JES reboring...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
has anyone here ever gotten them to answer their phone?

Doesn't matter what time of day, nobody answers. I wanted to talk to them about boring a barrel, but if they can't answer the phone...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you leave a message? Some shops let the machine catch the calls during working hours then answer them at the end of the day.

Craftsman

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Here's my target for today,,Jesse bored my 30 to a 35 Gibbs, he was fast sent a helpfull note and the rifle shoots great.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1413 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called Jess and after speaking to his wife, he came on and answered my questions. I then sent him Marlin 336 30-30, which he rebored to 375 Win. May I also say he did it in a very short time.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 969 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gunsmiths that are good enough don't have time to answer the phone, as it rings all day long, and many just want to discuss the weather or who knows what!..so they don't answer phones and they try to get your work out as fast as possible, I like that approach..Always best to contact them by email or leave a message, depending on the smith..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They probably have caller ID. rotflmo

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I've had Jess rebore a barrel for me. Turned out very accurate and the turn around time I think was about 12 days. If you leave a message he will return your call and talk to you in a day or so.
Very pleasant to do business with.
Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3078 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rebored a worn out 9x57 mauser to 9.5x57. As stated, very fast turn around time and nicely done too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just leave your name and number and Jess will get back very soon. I have had him rebore 2 barrels and they shoot great. Good work at fair prices and quick turnaround.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
What's the cost for a rebore these days?

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by touchdown88:
What's the cost for a rebore these days?

http://35caliber.com/2.html

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote