Find
Notify
Tools

Need help building flush system
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
Finally got enough time on my hands that I want to start putting together my barrel flush system for chambering. I know I need a swivel for the coolant connection and likely a delrin connector to clamp on the muzzle as well as a pump and hose. Any tip, pics, advice would certainly be appreciated. I think MSC has the swivel connections I need. The other real area of concern is how the delrin connector seals to the barrel.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a flush system from Greg Tanel at Gre-Tan Rifles. It works well and he offers several systems for different applications, i.e., chambering between centers or with the barrel held in a chuck. For me, it was easier to buy Greg's kit than to figure out what was needed. The kit is not expensive. Greg also has a video which shows the operation in good detail. Gre-Tan has a website that you should be able to Google.

The only change I've made has been to switch from the water-based coolant that Greg recommends to a high-sulfur cutting oil. The pressure flush system speeds up and improves chambering operations. When used together with one of Dave Kiff's carbide roughing reamer, the system really shines. You'll be amazed the first time you try a carbide rougher and a coolant system.

Good luck,

Roger

Posts: 476 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gre-Tan rifles has some pics on his site. I think he has a video on how to make one. Greg Tannel is a super nice guy. He will probably talk you through what you need to get up and running. Do a search if you can not find it I will get you the link.

one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
Midway had them on clearance....last week? They might still be listed.

My headstock spider setup keeps me from using one, but the idea is sound to me.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My headstock spider setup keeps me from using one, but the idea is sound to me.

Greg makes several different setup's including one for people that chamber through the headstock. All you need is a little bit of barrel sticking out to attatch it to. I use one of these that attaches to the reamer tube when I bore holes for barrel liners. I use one of Gregs between centers flood systems for when I chamber and crown. If your time is worth anything it is my opion that buying Gregs stuff is money well spent. It takes enough time just to get all the pluming done. I use a pretty big gear pump because I need a fair amount flow when I bore out barrels. If all you are going to do is chamber and crown you could get by with a small centrifugal pump. Michael