New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steel grip caps
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who sells steel grip caps other than Dakota, jerry Fisher from brownells or midway. Any web page links? Anyone make their own caps?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Al and Roger Biesen--I can get you contact info if you don't have it.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used plain old Ruger #1 steel grip caps on a couple of rifles. They're not bad as is and they can be modified pretty easily. Brownell's carries them and they're less than ten bucks.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cragster. I havent seen those rugers in brownells cataloge...Ill look around again.

Is the ruger alittle smaller than the standard dakota size. I need one smaller.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you only need one, I am willing to send one that I took off a rifle that I restocked.

It also has the metal but plate, Mod 70 Win Pre 64 type style.

I will do it for just shipping and handling.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Cragster. I havent seen those rugers in brownells cataloge...Ill look around again.

Look in the Ruger OEM parts section; not around the other grip caps.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sunny-hill makes a grip cap, nice one at that. Midway sells a cheap steal grip cap. I lke the dressels old english that brownells sells.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:

They're in factory parts section in the back of the catalog. Measurement on the ones I have are 1.300" by 1.775". Don't know how that compares to the Dakotas.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check out Dressel's they sell five English style grip caps from Large to Miniature.
Bob