New
Find
Notify
Tools

What next?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
News to me, but just got my AKAH catalog...Steyr now offers a "reset aciion" automatic electronic decocking system.

Muzzle up, it decocks, level.. it cocks! Now..here's a solution in search of a problem if I ever saw one..don't know what happens with a dead battery

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I can see the future; much like the Remington electronic primers; will be dead as a stone in 2 years. Due to being a useless piece of "hardware"; I wanted to say something not allowed here.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Goofy!

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess this makes shooting squirrels out of trees , straight up , out of the question ...

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Muzzle up, it decocks, level.. it cocks! Now..here's a solution in search of a problem if I ever saw one..don't know what happens with a dead battery

Wouldn't be very useful when bear hunting with hounds and shooting them out of trees.

Nor in very steep Mountains.

I think I well pass.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just like all of the electronic crap on my truck, it is stupid as hell. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, I remember a photo of a poor bastard PH with a lion on top of him and he was pointing his rifle straight up. I recall he survived..Bet he was happy there were no electronics making the gun "safer"

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
We’re safe-ing ourselves to death.

Duane that may have been Mike Prettejohn. I have seen a pic of him being mauled with him holding his double straight (or close) up.

But i digress from the electronics saving us again...