Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 magazine jamming/misfeed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
I shoot a Rem 700 LVSF in 223, I have a problem with rounds jamming when feeding from magazine to the chamber.

Can anything be done to make feeding trouble free???

Thanks

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Did you have it apart? First thing I would recommend is to make sure the magazine box and follower are installed correctly and that the trigger guard is holding the bottom of the mag box correctly. The magazine box has to fit completely inside the well of the receiver and the bottom edge has to fit within the cut out around the floorplate opening. The follower should be facing forward. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only dealt with that problem one time. A friend of mines .270 Rem started doing that and I found that the bottom part of the magazine spring had moved either forwards or backwards from where it should have been at the bottom of the mag box. I believe I bent the spring just enough so it caught where it was suppose to. Problem fixed. Been along time ago and was actually fixed in the field. Something for you to check for anyways. GOOD LUCK!

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Experienced the same thing with a Remmie one time.
I found out when I took the action out of the stock I did not reseat the magazine box back in the action the entire way.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks will do some more investigating and report back my findings....

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote