New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for MRC Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a stock inleted for a P-64 Win. Will major modifications be necessary with an MRC action??

Sombody who know??

Brett

one of us
posted Hide Post
The MRC action is designed to 99% image the Winchester post-64 action. The differneces are in the thickness of the tang, the very forward portion of the receiver and the bolt release. I am having an MRC built; my gunsmith tells me that after he actually got the action to fit into the Richard's stock, it wasn't all that bad to bed it. Don't buy a Richard's stock-- just don't. Period.

http://www.montanarifleman.com/

http://www.montanarifleman.com/links.htm lists stockmakers currently inletting for the M1999.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rootbeer:
The MRC action is designed to 99% image the Winchester post-64 action. The differneces are in the thickness of the tang, the very forward portion of the receiver and the bolt release.

The bottom metal also needs a bit more inletting.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was unaware of that, mho. I didn't do any of the inletting, preferring to leave that to my expert gunsmith. He said it fell right into place, which was about the only thing good about the stock I gave him.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rootbeer, I wish I had read your 'don't buy a Richards' post about a year ago, I'm still gouging at a 100% inletted stock, and haven't sent it to be checkered yet. The wood looks pretty good at least......

%

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote