THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope mounts for a single square bridge mauser?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
Looking for different methods to do this. Besides claw mounts are there any other ways to do it?

Pictures please if you've got them.

Thanks,
Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think in this day and age most of us would not consider altering an original single square bridge Mauser.

As you may already know, the purpose of the single square bridge is to allow the gunsmith to put the front ring on a barrel band, ahead of the reciever, using a large scope. The rear bridge is then milled to accept a single claw, with a button release.

If you do not wish to do extensive milling, a double claw base can be attached to the bridge, as well as one of the swing-away styles made by EAW and imported by NECG.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
It's not original. I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have a 375H&H on a single square bridge Westley Richards action. The bolt is the original WR bolt with the knob engraved. The barrel is one done by David Miller with an integral quarter rib. Not wanting to mess with the bridge OR bolt handle I had the quarter rib milled to accept Ruger rings and was going to use a scout scope. Have never put a scope on it yet. I have put Ruger quarter ribs on a couple of Winchester Mdl 70's and they work fine on them. Look pretty good too.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote