Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Pilkington levers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted
Years ago these were pretty common for converting Leupold/Redfield dovetail bases into quick detachable.

Does anyone here know where I might find a few?

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBrown,

I don't know any source for actual Pilkington levers as made/sold by Phil Pilkington. I think that the Meier Works Quick Turn Lever Conversion is the closest thing available.

Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 145 | Location: Woodville WI | Registered: 25 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the link. MW is out of stock, but that give me something to go on.

Jason

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish to hell someone would make something like that for Ruger factory rings. I've got some Warne QR, but damn they're bulky, ugly and not available in low height. Really sucks. I know all I need is a stubby driver but levers are so much easier.

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
x2mosg

I am thinking of having a few made up if I can't find them. I would thing you could have a lever made for the Ruger.

Jason

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Roger Biesen. He puts these on mounts all the time, but I dont know if he sells them by themselves.

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to talk to Roger Ferrell about this. He may have done this before, or may have an idea about what it would take. I'll get back to you on it when I can talk to him.

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote