New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington bottom metal for .300 Weatherby
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a customer that wants me to build him a military type sniper rifle based on a Remington style action but in .300 Weatherby Magnum because he has several other rifles in that caliber. I can get an action from Stiller that will work fine but I cannot find bottom metal, especially detachable magazine, that will work. Does anybody have any ideas before I pressure him to go with .300 Win. mag.? .300 Remington mag. bottom metal may be just a tad too short.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have you checked out Pacific Tool and Gauge?
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com...mag-bottom-metal-dbm

Posts: 19 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While the .338 LM and the .300 Weatherby are about the same OAL I don't know if the Weatherby will feed properly out of magazines made for the .338 Lapua.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clowdis,

Here is where you can get both bottom metal and magazines for your project:

bottom metal & mags

Bear in mind that the .300 Weatherby, albeit popular with the hunting fraternity, is not all that common for the detachable mag. groups. You will need to adjust the feed lips on the magazines to account for the smaller diameter of the Weatherby cartridge as compared to the Lapua. Your client can choose the length of the OAL for his cartridge by picking a particular set up. Normal use would dictate the 3.715" mags., however, he could load longer with the 3.775" mags.

Regards.

Posts: 52 | Location: The Great Southwest | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks DZ. A company that is new to me. Have you had any dealings with them?