New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steel Magnum 98 Follower
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need one of these items and if you have one for sale, drop me a PM and will get back with you asap. Aluminum ones are available, but would prefer steel.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Don Markey,
I took my gunsmith's word for it and he told me yesterday that Brownells no longer sells the steel follower, but do offer the aluminum. Thanks for the feedback and will be on the phone with them Monday for sure. If they have them available will post accordingly. Again, thanks.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For general information, while casting about looking for steel Mauser Magnum 98 follower was advised to check Brownell's/Wisner and sure enough had one and I bought one. Was told however that they no longer carry them but had some 30 left in stock. Quality piece of equipment and how long they will last who knows. Thanks for the tip.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting news about Brownells dropping them.

Considering that they have 10 on backorder currently. Anyway Brownellls has done wierd things in the past and then told / asked their vendors later.

James Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it strange to say they were no longer offering them, but yet had 30 or more in stock. Your follower is in the latest catalog as well and mentioned that. Hope they do continue to carry them for it is a quality piece of work thanks to you.