Find
Notify
Tools

Changes Within ACGG
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted
Anyone want to comment on what is going on with the ACGG? Looks like there was a blow up and now the pieces have finally floated into place or have they? Interesting to say the least.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any link available? New to me.

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It might be interesting had you provided some details.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Almost a Fruit Basket turnover of the Board...

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Almost a Fruit Basket turnover of the Board..."

Well now, don't know about anyone else but that sure makes it clear as mud to me! Confused

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
OK--The President at the ACOG Meeting at SCI in Jan--Gone. His replacement is now gone. The Board quit pretty much en masse.

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you've got the scoop, how about some details? Or an opinion?

This thread reeks of a fishing expedition. fishing

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
From what I hear Shootaway has been elected President to a term for life.

I agree with Rubline, sounds like some axe grinding is to follow.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heard about this and thought I would give you the answers right from the source so as to avoid as many rumors as we can.

The ACGG did have a pretty good shake up but things have stabilized and we are in good order.

So what happened? Our newly elected President, and Vice President resigned. Along with them was one Board Member and the secretary. 30 days before they left our Executive Director had announced that he was not going to seek to renew his contract. The VP was also the editor and he has stepped down from that position.

Why you ask? Well I can't and won't answer for them but I will tell you this. The Executive Board, (Board members and Officers) had been pretty contentious for the last few years. The move to Dallas was not easy and caused some riffs. Those that left did state that things might be easier if they left. They chose to do so and as I have said a lot recently "a man's got to do what a man's got to do."

Those members that left were instrumental in moving the guild forward and making a turn for what I hope is the better. I thank them for all of their hard work over the last few years. They accomplished many great things and the ACGG is looking to move forward with the progress they made. Am I happy they left, not in the least bit. They are good men and have vision. But we will still move on and I think you will see The ACGG is going to continue to make some great strides.

What happened next? The Board of Directors acted in STRICT compliance with the by-laws and filled the spots. I'm sure it won't make everyone happy, and if one chooses to do so, it looks bad but we followed the rules that we had.

I'm sure you will have more questions and there is more I could say, but my lunch time is over so for now I need to sign off, but please feel free to ask what you want. I'll answer as best I can.

Michael D. Ullman - President ACGG

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Michael, I wish you all luck, gunbuilder are a lot like Alaskan guides in that when you get a dozen of the together you end up with six different religions and 16 differing opinions.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote