New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope rings for Brno 602
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

Ihava a brno 602 in .375 H&H with a Leupold VX-II 2-7x33 mounted in standard CZ rings.

These rings are rock solid, but way too high.

Can anyone suggest the lowest acvailable steel rings I can use with this combo?

I know Talley and Warne have some rings, but I haven't figured out exactly which rings from each manufacturer will be the best (right) fit

beefeater

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assuming the 602 has the 19mm dovetail with little recoil cut out on rear bridge?

I have the talley on my BRNO ZG and find them very good indeed. Solid well constructed, pleasing to the eye, perfect height to just clear barrel and bolt with a Swaro 6x42 in Butler Creeks.

I think the lowest available are Millet but not sure on the quality and don't like the styling.

They do 3 types, fixed, detachable with levers, detachable with allen key. I have the last type.

Check with them that they fit the 602

The warnes used to be great but are now powder coated and really ugly.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
The only problem I've found with low rings on the Brno/CZ's is if the scope has a LARGE eyepiece the bolt handle won't clear. That is a problem with my Swarovski 1x4. Handle won't clear with Warnes but will clear a Leupold 1.5x5. Clears with CZ rings. Just something to check.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Here's a set of Warne medium height on a ZKK with 2.5x8 Leupold. The bolt handle just clears the eyepiece. I don't think Warne makes low rings for Brnos/CZs.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I used the BRNO rings with my Swarovski 1.5-4.5X too, as the medium Warne rings (the lowest they made back when I bought them) didn't get the scope high enough to prevent interference with the bolt handle.

Isn't that 2X7 Leupold one of their compact scopes? I would think it would work with the Warne mediums. I can make you a deal on mine since I traded the rifle. They are lever units.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Warne QD rings on my zkk602 in .375hh and am more than pleased with them so far. If I remember correctly it is the WBLM1 that I have. Its around .3"space between the scope and the barrel. I use a Kahles Helia CT 3-9x42 scope and the bolt handle have a distance of .2" when reloading. It might be possible to have a lower mount, but then am I not certain that the handle would pass without effort. It might however be possible to let a competent (gunsmith)person adjust the angle of the bolt handle so that it goes free, I had that done on my zkw465 when the scope did not go free from the bolt handle. Using a smaller scope with a thinner okular piece might further lower the mount, but with troubles with the bolt handle. Some welding and bending might fix this, but only by competent gunsmiths.

Sincerely

Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote