THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A Bore Scope That Your Going To Want.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I tried it with a small flashlight in the .375 and it still does not look real. I may take the stock off of the rifle later and then I can get the lens in line with the bore.

It works fine with just a overhead light shinning into the bore and your eye near the end of the tube.

My motive for this is that maybe someone will start making them again for the rest of you.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try pointing your muzzle at a light bulb and then slowly adjust until the macro lens can focus on the throat. The on-camera flash won't work in this application and you probable will need a tripod to hold it still. Try to set the lens at an aperture like f/16 or even f/32. If you can't do that you will need to change the intensity of the light bulb to force the camera to use a faster shutter speed and/or the smaller aperture. You may also want to create a means of blocking the light of the bulb from hitting the lens directly. You only want the light going through the barrel to be seen by the camera.
Good luck,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Russ Haydon's Shooter Supply. They have it listed under Rifle Accessories as Siebert Mini BoreScope .. $29.95

http://www.shooters-supply.com/

I have one and they are very useful.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you David. Thanks for finding it. That must be it although there is no picture.

This is the item to have in your shirt pocket when you go gun shopping!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it a one size fits all unit?

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wally is alive and well, and still making these. As was stated, you can get these through Russ Haydon. They are nice to have around for several things. For someone who buys used rifles they are invaluable. It gives you a good look at the throat condition. They fit Rem 700 size actions. They don't fit Sako. (tried it in the Sako 75 ppc size action, don't know about the larger ones) ...ol blue

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It fits just right into M70's Rem 700's and Mausers etc. So it would be loose in Mark V's and have to be held at the end of a Kimber 84's receiver.

The magazine follower holds it in place and you slide it back and forth to see different areas. It's best on the throat area and it may not be any better than the naked eye way up at the muzzle.

Trust me, you want one. By the way. I get nothing except fun out of this topic. I may buy a couple for gifts.

It's .688" in diameter and 5 5/8" long.