New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model Seven Project
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's pictures of my Model Seven receiver. Used Brownels Hi-Force 44 to attach "improved" recoil lug.

Waiting for Kiff reamer in 250AI to chamber Shilen barrel. Will go into a Richard's Microfit Thumbhole laminate. Target weight is seven pounds scoped, slung with a 24 inch barrel and a Win Featherwreight type barrel profile.

Model Seven Pictures

Wally

[ 07-29-2003, 09:03: Message edited by: wallyw ]

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Wally,

Do you have an account with a free web photo hosting service such as Hunt101.com? That's the first step, then we'll go from there in helping you post your pictures.

X

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x-caliber:
Wally,

Do you have an account with a free web photo hosting service such as Hunt101.com? That's the first step, then we'll go from there in helping you post your pictures.

X

As a last resort I RTFM [Smile] Trying to publish pictures to a web now.

Wally

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
wallyw
If you can email me the pictures I will try to post them for you.
Now for the projected gun weight. I just finished a m700 cambered in 250 AI. It weighs 7lbs even with a 22" Pac-Nor "Light Weight" contour SS barrel,weaver bases & 4x4 rings, Leupold vxII 3x9x40, Hi-Tec stock (17oz), cheap nylon sling and a 1" decelerator pad.( don't ask why a 1" pad on a 250 AI)
Now my point with all this is your stock choice. I'm sure it is a fine stock, just much heaver than my ugly plastic stock.
No doubt I could save weight with a differant scope and pad. But that was the lightest stock I could find for the amount of money I was willing to spend. So if weight is that important to you, you may want to shop around for another stock.
Also I realize the model seven is lighter. I think by 5 or 6ozs. Not sure though
Please don't take my comments the wrong way. Just my thoughts. You get what you pay for here at AR. [Big Grin]
Good Luck
Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluetick:
wallyw
If you can email me the pictures I will try to post them for you.
Now for the projected gun weight. I just finished a m700 cambered in 250 AI. It weighs 7lbs even with a 22" Pac-Nor "Light Weight" contour SS barrel,weaver bases & 4x4 rings, Leupold vxII 3x9x40, Hi-Tec stock (17oz), cheap nylon sling and a 1" decelerator pad.( don't ask why a 1" pad on a 250 AI)
Now my point with all this is your stock choice. I'm sure it is a fine stock, just much heaver than my ugly plastic stock.
No doubt I could save weight with a differant scope and pad. But that was the lightest stock I could find for the amount of money I was willing to spend. So if weight is that important to you, you may want to shop around for another stock.
Also I realize the model seven is lighter. I think by 5 or 6ozs. Not sure though
Please don't take my comments the wrong way. Just my thoughts. You get what you pay for here at AR. [Big Grin]
Good Luck
Shawn

No sweat Shawn. I appreciate feedback. Seven pounds is my target. If it goes over 6-8 ounces no problem.

Wally