New
Find
Notify
Tools

Floorplate Options for MRC M1999 Short Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there an alternative floorplate/trigger guard made of lighter material...say aluminum or plastic? Trying to save some weight without going to a blind magazine stock.

Any leads appreciated.

Posts: 575 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Something to try.....see if a M-70 trigger guard and floor plate asy. will fit.....No promises but if I wanted to lighten my MRC that's what I'd do.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem with the MRC action is that it has no provision for a middle guard screw. I do wish they wouldn't have done that.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, kind'a hard for MRC to please everyone. I mean who would want to use a "crummy" 2-piece Winchester bottom metal when the M1999 comes with a much better 1-piece bottom metal?? For years pepole have been going to great length to move AWAY from the Winchester 2-piece design, and have been shelling out money to companies like Williams et al for better bottom metals... I know, I know, the gentleman above wants to try to lighten up on weight, and maybe the Win bottom metal would have been an option. But you have to hand it to the manufacturers, it really isn't easy to please everyone!
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
I too, wonder just how much weight would be saved with an alloy triggerguard and floorplate. If you subtract the weight of the extra screw MRC doesn't use I think you would be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference in felt weight. You also could shave some weight by profiling the MRC guard a bit, but I doubt many people could tell the difference in felt weight with that either. Perhaps a blind magazine does make the most sense even if not desired.

I also applaud MRC by putting out an all steel one piece unit that would cost extra if a person wanted one on a Winchester.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote