New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Removal of Cutts Compensator
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jerry, thanks for the reply. I just got back into town late last nite. I do have a set screw on the compensator and have taken it out, but have not been able to budge the compensator. Will try some Kroil on it and let it set for a day or two. Maybe that will loosen it enough to get it off. Apparently this thing hasn't been off in awhile. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, Mike

Posts: 917 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There could be some solder on the threads. You are going to need to remeove the threads anyway. Instead of risking damaging the barrel why not cut it off and be done with it?

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scot, I have already removed the Cutts from the barrel and installed a nice gold bead on it. Works great for quail by the way. The short barrel swings very fast and do to my slow reaction to flushes makes up the difference. However, someone else wants one installed for nastalgic reasons (glutten for punishment I suppose) and I offered mine. Thanks for the reply. Mike

Posts: 917 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote