THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    difference between priority and registered shipping.....

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

difference between priority and registered shipping.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
....Mailed my late lamented Chapuis to Az today. I had them to figure it both ways, priority and registered. As anyone who uses it knows, registered mail is nearly foolproof because EVERYONE who handles a registered package has to sign for it. Loss rate is nearly zero, no wonder.

At any rate, cased and cardboard boxed Chapuis double with $5,000 insurance (max with priority mail) was just over $101, registered with $5150 insurance was $61.50. A fairly substantial savings. Needless to say, I mailed it registered, which for those of you who don't know use priority mail for shipping. The main difference in costs is that insurance for priority costs so much more than for registered. Last time I looked, money started being saved at about $1000 insurance value.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is very true; registered mail is good for high value items.
However, registered mail takes a long time to get there, up to two weeks, and priority mail is 2-3 days.
But registered is safer.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can send registered priority or just registered. Registered priority is 5-7 days pretty much anywhere. That is how I ship high value items.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AFAIK all registered mail uses priority mailing for its mailing. Was told this package would arrive Monday. We'll see. As a prior user of registered mail, I doubt it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My postmaster always gives me the option of regular registered or priority registered. I have used both, priority registered is much faster.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well according to tracking, it left Dallas suburb this morning. That means it traveled about 175 mi since Thursday. With only 1000 or so to go, I am not optimistic that it will meet the projected Monday afternoon deadline. Frowner

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best thing about USPS vs Fed Ex, UPS is that you are buying REAL insurance, that pays off in a timley manner.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle arrived today and was picked up by an apparently happy buyer. I love stories with good endings. tu2

xxxxxxxxxx