Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel band,accuracy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
Is there is definate effect on accaracy with a barrel band or is it a non issue? I like how it'd lower the rifle while carrying on my shoulder. It's not a boomer, 338-06. It 'd be for the carry reason plus I just like how they look.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No effect unless you like to shoot with a tight sling from sitting or prone. I still have some rifles without a barrel band swivel, but wish they all did. It looks classier, plus, the barrel doesn't stick out over the top of my head and catch on the brush I duck under. I hate walking behind a hunting buddy, having the brush catch the barrel, then I'm looking down the bore of his rifle wondering if he chambered a round or not. I like the barrel band swivel, its utility and looks.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
I like to wrap right up tight in my slings especially kneeling and seated; so they don't work for me.

But whole heartedly agree that they look classy.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote