Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka M55 Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted
I just can't believe I did it! Earlier this week I was in a hurry to get home so I could get to bed and try and not be late for work at least once this week, and I unloaded my rifle, put the chambered round into the mag, and slipped the mag into my pocket while walking back to the truck.

The next day, the mag is nowhere to be found. I have looked everywhere including at the gas station where I stopped on my way home. Yesterday I took my neighbors metal detecter and retraced every step,

I have lost my Tikka M55 magazine in .223 winchester. I have no spare.

Is it possible to make a magazine from any other one that will work in the M55? Is it possible to find another M55 magazine in another calicer and remake the inside plastic spacers so it will fit in the .223?

Does anyone have any idea how to do this, or experience doing it?

Since last Tuesday evening I have not seen one for sale on egun, ebay, or gun broker.

Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

Muchas Gracias

Posts: 84 | Location: A transplanted Texan in Germany | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike Check if your coat pocket has a hole in it that would allow the clip to slide into the lining of your jacket. Failing that get in contact with a Sako dist. as they bought out Tikka who made your rifle.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the U.S., Tikka parts are handled by Beretta.

flaco

One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted Hide Post
Oh Man, how I wish it had slipped into the lining of my jacket. I called the German Berretta distributor, who said they do not carry them anymore, then I called to finnland and they said they haven't been around for years.

I guess I now have a nice shooting single action.

Posts: 84 | Location: A transplanted Texan in Germany | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote