New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue Stock for Winchester M70 in 375HH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to get a hougue overmoulded stock for my 375 H&H Winchester M-70 and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I want to know if the regular sporter stock would work for the 375's barrrel or should I get the varmint stock for heavy barrels? I intend on putting a McMIllan on it someday when I can afford one but right now A Hogue on it is better than the POS from the factory. I am going to just get the pillar bedded one since I am going to change the stock on it someday. Also any feedback on putting these stocks on a big bore will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Andy

Posts: 201 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Andy, the Hogue stocks work just fine. I

just don't like the fact that everything sticks

to them (ie. sand, lint,). They're just hard to

keep clean if you actually take them hunting.

I would just pay a little more and get a Bell &

Carlson. It's a much better stock. I've used

both, and, that's just my opinion.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is just to contact Hogue giving them
the barrel diameter at breech & muzzle. I think it would be fine. I like Hogue stocks best of the synthetic stocks, I use the full bedding block type. The softer surface for handling & hunting is great. They can be cleaned easily with wiping down with plain water.
Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote