Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Hinged Floorplate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some help would be appreciated.

I've got a '98 Mauser and I would like to make the military floorplate hinged.

I've got plans for the hinge and Euro-style lever latch from "Do it Yourself Gunsmithing" by Jim Carmicheal. I see that Brownells carries a similar, ready made latch for $34. Do any of you have any experience with these techniques /products?

Are there other types of latches that are easier to make? Has anyone tried, for instance, a Model 70 plunger-type latch?

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Griz,
Check with Sarco. I was them in their SGN add a couple of weeks ago. Bob

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sending this post back up in hopes of a reply. Hasn't anyone made a hinged floorplate for a Mauser? Thanks

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Check this one out. It's on the Ottmar's engraved trigger gaurd thread in this forum.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecutter,
Looks good. Now, how do I make one? Did you buy or make the latch?

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Neither. Jim Dubell made it. Like I said check out this thread.

Thread with photo.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote