Find
Notify
Tools

cz trigger OK?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of citori
posted
Tell me if what I did was OK. Adjusted the take upon my cz550 trigger. Manual had no meaningful instructions so I had to wing it. weight of pull was fine 3.5#, so I only needed to adjust take up. I cocked the action and tightened the take up screw until the sear released. I then backed off 1/2 turn and now have a nice crisp pull. Sear doesn't release when I work the bolt hard, put safety on pull trigger and move safety to off, or cock the action and bounce the butt on concrete floor. Am I ok as it's set?

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you bounce it hard and then take off the safety and it doesn,t release the sear,then it sounds like you have it. Try the steps you stated more than once,about 5 times or so,and if all is well make sure the set screw have loctite on them so them don,t move on you,and they can. Then sounds like you got it! vangunsmith

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
The takeup is the first thing I adjust on a CZ trigger, In most cases its all I need to do, I usually drop the gun frimly on the butt on the carpet a few times, and make sure it will not go off, One of my 527's would go off when I did this, even before doing my adjustments, so on that one I had to add more takeup in

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote