Find
Notify
Tools

Parker hale trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
I have a Parker hale long action that I have had re barrelled in 7-08, the trigger needs adjustment. There are 3 screws with locknuts, can someone please tell me what adjustment these screws are responsible for and any tips to adjusting them.

Cheers
Rod

Posts: 29 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod, There are 3 screws all at the front of the housing. The bottom screw is the sear engagement adjustment. The next one up is the overtravel adjustment and the top one is the weight of pull.
To adjust you must first rig up a means of holding the trigger up in place while the rifle is out of the stock. A sleeve and the guard screw works fine.
Cock the rifle. Loosen the lock nut on the sear engagement screw then turn the screw in until striker falls. Then back the screw out about 1/4 turn and lock it.
Recock the rifle. Loosen the locknut on the next screw and turn the screw in until it stops. Now, while maintaining pressure on the trigger, turn the screw out until the striker falls. Now turn it out a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn and lock it.
Now turning the top screw out will lighten the pull and turning it in will increase the weight of pull. If there is too much movement in the trigger prior to let-off (creep)then you can turn the sear engagement screw in a small amout at a time to reduce the engagement. After adjusting SLAM the bolt closed to test. If the striker follows down then you must increase the sear engagement, Also be sure and test safety function after adjustment. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill
Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was after. Many thanks

Rod

Posts: 29 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 June 2000Reply With Quote