Find
Notify
Tools

AR Gunsmith links/sticky/directory ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
Is there a list of gunsmiths and contact information anywhere?

I think an alphabetical listing by name, username, contact info, and areas of specialization of any smiths taking new work and desiring the listing would be a great sticky at the top of this forum.

While the booking agents are rather good at self promotion, I know I tend to forget exactly who here does what. I have a mauser action gathering dust and a list of resources would be great IMO.

Comments?

(I would be happy to help compile a list, edit it, and forward to admin/moderator for sticky status if desired.)

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Put me on that list, please:

John Farner
Eagle Machine Gunsmithing, LLC
102 Sherlock Court
Corrales, NM 87048
505-463-5793 Mon-Sat, 0800-1800 MST

General gunsmithing and custom rifles

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
John, your in.

But it doesn't seem like my idea is catching on that well.

Wink

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
a webpage index? This is NOT complete by any means

http://home.pipeline.com/~shoo...ing%20resources.html

Posts: 6490 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Mike Ryan, General Gunsmithing, Checkering, Transfers. 5375 Bullard Road, Hartland Township, Fenton, Michigan 48430. (810)348-4112 mikeryangunsmithing@yahoo.com Hours by appointment but open most days from 10am to 6pm.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this sounds like a good idea

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
this sounds like a good idea

+1

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The idea sounds good...but it won't work! Attorney's have book that's available to all others, mostly atorneys. the book describes the speciality of the particular attorney, but guess who enters the name and speciality...THE ATTORNEY!

The American Custom Gunmakers Guild has the same thing...a listing of specialties...entered by Surprise! surprise!! the paricular guild member who enters his own name!

Good and bad experiences are discussed pretty freely on this forum...This gets pretty close to the bone!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
a webpage index? This is NOT complete by any means

http://home.pipeline.com/~shoo...ing%20resources.html

link doesnt work

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to say it has been my personal pleasure to actually see some of the GUNSMITHS work

who post here regularly . Not all mind you but enough to know that if one of them recommends another to

do work on a particular weapon I take that as GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME !.

I'm sure there are several people on this sight who are Capable GunSmiths and then there are Gun Artisans

as well !. Just as there are Excellent Stock makers . If you were to post a public question or work request

I'm sure a couple would either respond or PM you maybe with pictures of their Crafting Skills .

This would allow you to choose without offending anyone's ego .

What you say too that Smiths ?.

PS don't post me because I'm NOT ONE . My Husband is a re loading daydreaming shooting fool who happens too

enjoy hunting and Fishing ; However not necessarily in that order .

I think that's how my Wife described me too some acquiescence's at the Super Bowl party we attended salute

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote