THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone local?? --GREAT DEAL--2500 Sanding belts for $130 in College Park , GA

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone local?? --GREAT DEAL--2500 Sanding belts for $130 in College Park , GA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted
I use a lot of sanding belts for both machine use and for sand paper as I have found them cheaper on E-bay than the same amount of sand paper in a ream. They don't work for everything but for many things they are better.

Not my deal...I am just posting this as it is a local pick up only "buy now" for 129.99 for 2500 assorted brand name belts. It's a property auction house selling them. They list them all on the auction. Anyway, for someone nearby that could use them it is a great deal. Hope this helps someone. I'd buy them if they would ship. It would be double+ the cost for shipping I'm sure but it would be a lifetime supply or could be broken down and sold by someone in batches to make a bit of mad money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...IT&item=250395269220

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker
Curious about who Jesus is? Click hereChristianity-or- contact me

Posts: 485 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Holy cow is that a deal! I think you could fly out there to pick them up and still be way ahead!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
Anyone driving from GA to Oregon in a big truck any time soon??? I'll help you pay for your gas if you will deliver Roll Eyes

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great buy.
But, there are a whole lot of belts there that I could never use. I use 2"x72" and 1"x72" belts almost exclusively, and the shoter length 1" belts I could use. The other odd lengths would never get use.
YMMV however.

Don

One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
I'd use what I could on machines and a bunch of it for hand sanding and most likely sell a bunch of it on E-bay in smaller batchs, have all that I need in my lifetime and make several hundred dollars in the process. Might even cut up a bunch of 12" rounds for my disk sander from the extra large ones.

Alternately, I have a lot of gun maker and wood working friends that I could set-up, that would be quite grateful to have a good supply.

At retail prices most belts sell for $3-20 depending on their size. Getting 19 belts per dollar, well that is well below anyone's cost. Just the 1" belts by themselves are worth more than all of them cost.

I'd pay someone close to buy it and ship it to me but clear accross the country with a couple of heavy pallets would be costly and most likely a hassle for the other guy. If I knew that person, I might see if I could swing it but I don't know anyone in GA.

There are always ways to get rid of what you do not need, if it has value. Grab what you need and then post the rest on Craigs list if you do not want to deal with the extras, drop them off at a local wood working store. A wood working shop at a high school or community college would most likely love to have them. Give them to someone you know who needs some extra cash that is willing to do the legwork. Make money or just give them away. You would have a GREAT deal on what you want and be able to do a good deed.

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
why not cut them and weld them back to the length you need

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trez,
You have a PM.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should call Roger Ferrell. He lives near there and may be interested in splitting the lot with you.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
Looks like michaelj is going to work out a deal with me. I buy them. He gets half of what we can use and will sell off a bunch of it to help cover the costs and to help with shipping. They will even deliver them to him for $40! We will both still end up with a large supply and virtually for free. Gotta love that. Thanks Michael, clapthumb

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trez,

Good point about using some of them for hand sanding.
If I have a belt break prematurely, with some grit left, I just cut it into working length pieces and hand sand with them. I have a box full of various shaped blocks for a backing in hand sanding. At that price, you can cut new belts for hand sanding.

Good luck,

Don