THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need a couple of Stock Patterns made; what and who????

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a couple of Stock Patterns made; what and who????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I recently purchased a unfinished stock for a M-1917 Enfield Sporter. It's probably a 95% inletted stock in an American Classic Pattern. I love this pattern but, there are some things I would like to change.

I want to make a couple of patterns off of this stock with some minor modifications. These modifications would include altering the area around the safety to allow for an after-market three position safety like a LaPour, as well as, leaving the bolt "slot" un-cut as this stock has the slot prepared for the M-1917 Enfield/ Rem. Model 30 dog-leg bolt handle. Lastly, I probably want the cheek piece reshaped for a "pancake" type cheek piece.

Now, I am guessing I need to come up with a couple of plain jane blanks to have these patterns made from.

Who would you recommend to make a pattern or two for me???

Thanks in advance.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you seem to know what you want, why not use the stock you have for a pattern? Just cut where it needs cutting for the safety and sand and shape or build up the cheekpiece like you want it, you might or might not fill in the bolt cut, if so bondo will probably work. Then there are several people who can duplicate it for you, just tell them to leave the bolt cut off.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Donnie Gemes at Show-Me Gunstocks:
Show-Me Gunstocks
PO Box 97
Warsaw, MO 65355
(660) 438-4568

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote