New
Find
Notify
Tools

am building my last 30'06 hunting rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I only have 6 so I am in desperate need of another. I have a M70 ss action with bottom metal' & a Schneider 7 grove 3 wgt barrel. My gunsmith bitches when I bring him Brown Precision stocks, so I"m think about a D'Echols Stock. How do I get 1, who do I order from? Is the comb as close to the tang as the Borden Rimrock stocks? Is it possible to end up under 8# with conertols & a Leupold 6x42?

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D'Arcy Echols: legend@bridgernet.com 435-755-6842

It took about 9 months to get mine because he was waiting on McMillan. Mine was "magnum fill" which averages 2 lbs 6 oz with sling swivels and recoil pad. Without magnum fill about 2 lbs 2 oz - "Edge" version is 12 to 14 oz less than that. Don't know about the comb.

It is still at the gunsmith.

If you'll PM me, I'll Email you a picture.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent thanks

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'M BUILDING Y LAST 30-06 HUNTING RIFLE.

that's pretty funny! I'm drinking my last beer, I'm going on a diet, I'm not going back to Africa, I'm not going to buy any more guns. Wink I'm going to exercise every day................. Me too I'm never going to buy another 30-06. ( I only have 3)

That it! Today lets start

30-06 ANONOMUS rotflmo

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm Paul B. and I'm a 30-06aholic. sofa

Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Tom you shouldn't say things like that, as your wife will notice your nose growing an inch longer a lot sooner than she will notice the gunsafe having no more room.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7765 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote