THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does a Mo.700 Barrel fit a Mo.7 Reciever????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are they the same????Thanks ahead,OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I believe so

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Are they the same????Thanks ahead,OB

The Remington line of 700 and model 7 barrels all have 1.100 X 16 thread in the shank. Thay are definitly the same. coffee

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
It been a while since I've work on one but my notes say M700 threads are 1.0625X16 TPI

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
It been a while since I've work on one but my notes say M700 threads are 1.0625X16 TPI

Roll Eyes I have one set of data listing it as 1.05 x16 and another as 1&1/16x16tps which your 1.0625x16.

All said an done the various sources say the M7 & M700 are the same. Which was the orginal question.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is 1 1/16X16 and will fit. Just need to check the headspace and if you want the lettering and sights aligned a little more work.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I dropped my dinky in the mud. I stand corrected. I didn't intend to start such a ferver. But they do interchange so far as shanks and thread go. space

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey guys, I dropped my dinky in the mud. I stand corrected. I didn't intend to start such a ferver

No ferver. Heck my data gave two different numbers. The one I had the most faith in was the one that was wrong. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
And I did say "My Notes" mean correct me if i'm wrong as I't been a long time since I had a Rem to take apart. as I don't do this stuff full time.

olcrip you had mauser on the brain 1.100 is a 98 Big Grin
I have to look in my note book every time someone asks anything other then small ring or large ring.
a good machinist told me one time never try to memorize anything other then WHERE to find the info.
Kerry

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote