Find
Notify
Tools

Argentine 09 and Santa Barbara worth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I was running through the gunshops in town last week and found a couple of future projects.

One was a 09 Argentine, what is a fair price for those these days?

The other is what I believe is a Santa Barbara mauser. It has a barrel with the Pasadena Gun Corp logo on it.

I am going to offer $600 for the pair if they are still there after I get done paying off the tax man.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Was the Argentine a DWM? Assuming it is and in good condition, it sounds like a fair price.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a complete 09 DWM for 200 last week, don't need it but some deals you just cant leave on the table. It will make a nice custom some day

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Triggerguards alone on Argentines are worth at least ($100) Bring hinged commercial type and all.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the Santa Barbera worth anything?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the most accurate rifles I built was on a Santa Barbra action. I did replace the trigger with a Timmney. Barrel was not a name brand. Ordered just before the 1968 rules went into effect. Stocked with a Fagen rollover comb piece of walnut gave it to my Dad for his birthday. It is my safe now. FWIW.

Jim

Posts: 1210 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the Santa Barbera worth anything?

Would I build a high $$ custom on one. No. Do they make an OK rifle sure.

There were a number of factory rifles built on them.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spend that $600 on a better set of Binocs, or a better scope, or new tires for your pickup, or a new Model 70. In the long run you will be money ahead.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
Spend that $600 on a better set of Binocs, or a better scope, or new tires for your pickup, or a new Model 70. In the long run you will be money ahead.

Yeah but you will miss out on all the fun! Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you think 256 Newton and 400 Whelen?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you should cut your headaches in half and sell me the 09 so you can concentrate on making the Santa Barbara the best it can be,lol, never hurts to try,lol.

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a fairly mint DWM 09 that I don't know what to do with. Make me an offer....

Porosonik.

Vetting voters= racist. Vetting gun buyers= not racist. Got it?

Posts: 407 | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wes62:
I think you should cut your headaches in half and sell me the 09 so you can concentrate on making the Santa Barbara the best it can be,lol, never hurts to try,lol.

Lots of 09's around, keep looking.

Problem with Thermopolis is it is damn far to a good gunshop. Occasionally Rocky Mountain in Cody has something worthwhile or maybe in Riverton.

We were just there in August of last year on our grand move up to Alaska before we moved back a few months later for a better job.

Got to watch a full fledged idiot fight between drunk oilfield workers in the parking lot of the Safari Bar at 10:00 am.

One guy was about 28 the other was about 58 and the old guy decided he was going to beat up the younger guy who was half his age, and twice his size.

Ended bad for both parties.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Towns are indeed few and far between (partly why I like it here, liked living in Ak even better), we have a gun show this weekend so I'm saving my pennies till then. Also trying to accumulate smithing tools for building Mausers.

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a damn good place to soak your bones, and a good place to retire.

I married a city girl so she thought it was kind of not for her.

I loved Alaska, especially Fairbanks. I hated living in Eagle River. Loved living in Sitka, hated Barrow. I wish Fairbanks had Wyoming weather instead of Barrow weather.

Wife even likes Fairbanks, when the kids get bigger I think we'll head back up there. Maybe in 2020 or so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived ten years on Kodiak Island and loved it. I would ferry over and travel up to Nanana and around fairbanks for the moose hunting, and grouse hunting of course. Was a mail carrier for 22 years and nothing could soak the frost out of my bones like the mineral hot springs in Thermopolis.