Find
Notify
Tools

Graftline in Stock Blanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
This is a questions for the Stockmakers; is there a problem with using wood that has the graftline in the butt of the stock? I imagine there could be in big-bore calibers, but this would not be. I am still looking for "that" piece of stockwood and have a fabulous looking piece of hybrid eastern black grafted to English which would be the pistol grip and forearm. I cannot get the picture from the photo album he sent me to post, but I got a plain picture of one from another website. The graftline on this plain grain version is in the same location as the piece I am looking at...

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
The graft has been growing together for years to a point it is the same tree, now just a color variation. If the grain flow looks good, use it. I think it is a great conversation piece and "wood" use that blank myself in a heartbeat. Smiler

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote