New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mashburn arms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any info on mashburn arms?Are they still in business?Did A.O.Mashburn own it and did he invent some wildcats?Any collecter interest in there rifles?

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are no longer in business that I know of but I have a 700 bdl rechambered to 7mm mashburn super mag and its great. Its based on a 300 H-H but you have to trim the cases so I use 300 win mag cases. Mashburn had several calibers and I think all of them are with a 35 degree shoulder. My mashburn will shoot 140gr bullet 32-3300 fps and is very accurate with IMR 7828. dont know if there is any collector interest but if you can find a 7mm mashburn you have one of the best 7mm calibers there is. or just have one reamed out and hornady just built my dies for $135.00

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Remnants of the company were still in business in Oklahoma City about 14 years ago when I was working there. All that was left were sporting goods, no gunsmithing, but it was the same company according to the people behind the counter. May still be there, I don't know. I have a Mashburn 22-250 built on an FN Deluxe action and a Bishop stock. It is a rather plain-jane rifle, not a fine custom. Warren Page, late shooting editor of Field & Stream, used to write alot about Mashburn.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago,i built a 300 mashburn in a 1917 enfield action.I use to load up 100gr half jacketed (30 carbine) bullets in it,and shoot rabbits in the desert. It did take care of them,for sure. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mashburn Arms was originally in downtown Oklahoma City. Art Mashburn was the owner, and he had some good gunsmiths working for him. My dad had (and I now have) a custom Mashburn rifle in .270 Win built in the 50's. It's on a Mauser action, fully glass bedded, and has a birdseye maple stock and wears a Weatherby Premiere 2x7. Fine workmanship. I also had them bed and blue the first rifle I ever built in 1964; a left-handed Savage action, Douglas barrel and Fajen stock. They also did some general gunsmithing for me.

Nice guys. After Art died (I believe, in about 1967-8)they moved the store out on Pennsylvania Ave but the custom gun building was about done by then.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Krag with a Mashburn scope mount, it is quite an elegant mount and very well made and finished.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mashburn Arms (name only, they have a new owner) is still alive. They moved off of Pennsylvania Ave to Sunny Lane between SE 29th & 44th.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote