New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took a trigger off a Sears Model 50 because I didn't like it. Now I want to sell the barreled action and folks seem to want the trigger on there. But I forgot how the thing goes.

How many parts to it, and generally, how does it go back on.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Those JC Higgins 50s had 3 different types of triggers. One was a pot metal adjustable job with a side safe. The other was a military Mauser trigger and the last was sort of a reversed model 70 Winchester trigger with the trigger pivoting in the trigger guard itself.

I would sell it as is and tell the new owner to buy a Timney trigger for it. None of the originals were that great. If it's the model 70 style the guy will also have to put a new cocking piece into it if a Timney is used.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested in buying with or without a trigger.

Thanks,

Bill V

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill

I had it listed a couple of times. Perhaps you just missed it. send me a PM if you are still interested and I'll send you a photo.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote