Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I believe this is correct

Large Brno, ZG, 600 to 602 series, 550 series
.812" over two 1/16” pins, .117 - .119 tall

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great thanks! Wouldn't happen to have the key layout would you?
Don

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
As in the little nub the acts as a recoil stop??

I didn't keep the exact specs but on the rings it was .100" high by about .200 wide.
This is in addition to the existing dovetail. so from bottom of the base about .190" tall.

I was in a hurry to get a set back to a customer that I didn't record all the dimensions i should have.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don here is some specs for many scope dovetails, I had posted this about 1 year or two ago.

Scope base dimensions.

This is for the Male base / receiver portion of the dovetail, any recoil shoulders are above the height of the dovetail and not included here. Dovetail width is measured side to side using two pins of a given diameter, and the dimensions are to the outside of the two pins.

Brownell
.487 over two .040 pins, x .090 - .093 tall, serrations on left hand side of dovetail x LPI, hardened material

Kimber / Brownell
.468 over two .040 pins, +/- .002, x .107 - .109 tall

Small Brno, # 1 -5 rimfire, and 527
.724 over two 1/16” pins, x .100 - .102 tall

Large Brno, ZG, 600 to 602 series, 550 series
.812 over two 1/16” pins, .117 - .119 tall

Old Talley, non removable clamp on scope ring, recoil shoulder of base only in front of ring.
.502 over two .040 pins, x .098 - .100 tall

New Talley, removable clamp on scope ring, recoil shoulder in front ad rear of ring.
.510 over two .040 pins, x .114 - .116 tall

Normal tolerance of dovetail over pins, + / - .002” unless noted otherwise

The LUG on the ZG is much differnt than the 550 lug. Here is the 550 lug dims

.350 wide front to rear, .225 tall off the 30 degree dovetail, I had cut the bottom side profile with a 3/8" concave cutter, on the rings I used to make.

I hope this helps.

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim!

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well cats out of the bag you can see where I stole Saved the data from

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is Jim sent me all that info a couple years ago and I saved the part that was relevent to the task at hand and that was for the kimber rings. That will teach me the print the whole thing next time.
Don

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Anytime information like this pops up. I copy it and paste it to an appropriately titled word or XL document. then when someone needs it I can pass it along.

What I'd like to see someone put together is a chart on rear sights for pistols. with dovetail info. Angels and widths. I know a gazillion pistols with a gazillion sights

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
Anytime information like this pops up. I copy it and paste it to an appropriately titled word or XL document. then when someone needs it I can pass it along.

What I'd like to see someone put together is a chart on rear sights for pistols. with dovetail info. Angels and widths. I know a gazillion pistols with a gazillion sights

-on that note this thread would be a good sticky.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Or a separate section just for stuff like this. My hard drive is getting full

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm old school I guess even though I'm not that old. I like my 3 ring binders better. I find it so much easier to read and take out to the shop.
Don

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well I have the stuff that I use often in binders. I have a whole library of them. Everything else is on the Computer in PDF so it can be printed as needed.
I will say this when I can't find a form or note I'm looking for on the Computer a search is easy. Can't do that with a binder.
I to prefer a hard copy in my hand that I can read. I still hate trying to read anything of a computer screen.
I don't know how people can subscribe to the paper and read an electronic copy. Bugs me to death.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know, my local newpaper quit delivering 3 days of the week and offer an electronic version. I just quit reading it.
Don

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
There you go Big Grin

www.KLStottlemyer.com