THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    CZ 550 Magnum triggers now available from Timney!!!

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 Magnum triggers now available from Timney!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good news, good news!!! Timney appearantly has perfected the problems with their old CZ 550 Magnum triggers-I just got one from my UPS guy! The Timney lady I spoke to a few months ago said it would be in '09 when they had the new design perfected and into production. I do not have a CZ 550 Magnum here to check it with, but it looks like the trigger will be an improvement over the factory job. I never saw a first generation Timeny with which to compare this one, so I can't say how it differers.

If anyone wants one, I advise ordering it NOW! I do not know the length of their production run. After this batch os sold how. God only knows how long it will be before they are available again.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WORLDHUNTER1
posted Hide Post
Could you please elaborate on the problems they had with the old ones.

Posts: 238 | Location: MI | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also would like to know. I put one of the "first generation" triggers in my 550M and have had not problems. Is it a safety issue? Or is it just a design issue?

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one of the earliest ones on my Lott 3 yrs or so ago and didn't know of any problem.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Me too. I have read stuff inferring some problem, but never read anything specific. However, I have read specifically that many are pleased with the "first generation" Timney replacment.

I checked Midway and Brownells site just now and they still don't show the triggers in stock.

If anyone is interested, I have one new Timney for sale. I bought it for a standard 06 size action. I don't know if the CZ magnum action takes a different trigger.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the problems were with the first generation Timneys. Several months ago I was asking some folks at Timney when the triggers would be available and they said they had to change the desing and it would take at least 6 more months before any thing was rolling off the assembly line. They would not say what the problem was with the first ones. I figured that was to liability but they would not elaborte on the why they could not tell me what was going on. I just wanted a trigger and did not care enough to try to get more info.

One guy said 6 months was a best case scenario. All of this was roughly 4 months ago, so they beat their schedule by a fair margin. They obviously would not able to be a custom gunmakers. Part of our code is that we pladge to be late on a minimum of 99.732% of our projects.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote