New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low scope mounts for CZ 550
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've just bought a CZ 550 (375 H&H) and want to mount a Swarovski 4x32 on it. The stock, I got the straight version, fits me very well for using the irons so I want a low QD scope mount. My old Apel-mounts (EAW) were way to high. The shop suggested a Miller mount but it was also to high and didn't look sturdy enough. Are the CZ mounts any good? They seem to be a bit difficult to get hold of, so I must order them unseen if that's the best option. Do you have any other suggestions for a low, preferably QD mount? TIA!

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Wachtel, I suggest you to order special scope mount made by CZ and fit only for 550 Mag rifle (very large at the base). Not expensive at all. Delivery time about 3 weeks if there is no stock of these in Sweden. I have had the same thing with my CZ .458 Win Mag, my scope was a 3-9X40mm, with these scope mounts and Weaver rings up to know no problems. And I will convert my CZ into .458 Lott improved without problems with the scope mounts. They are great. IMHO.

------------------
BER007
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warne makes very high quality rings to fit the CZ550, my first choice.

www.warnescopemounts.com, they are in the Portland, OR area. Brownells stocks a limited selection, or you may order direct from Warne.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The CZ mounts for the 550 seem quite solid, which is not surprising considering their weight. They are not particularly low - their height over bore seems to be about 1.75" c-c.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the answers! I'll go with Warnes, they looked good and I think that the medium (14BL) in matte finish will fit my rifle and scope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wachtel

You made the right choise!

I have a old ZG 47 in 9,3X62 that i use for moose. I have a Leupold 1,5-5 in Warnes QD mounts on it. They work perfect and keep the zero. A bonus is that they look good to

I bougth mine from Johnny Boberg in Bjurs�s. If he don�t have any in stock Vapen och Skytte in Bure� probably have them.

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stefan, thanks for the tip!