Find
Notify
Tools

Scout scope mount for Ruger #1??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Does anyone make one for the #1? My gun is a #1s in 45-70.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My lovely wife gave me a Ruger #1 chambered in .22-250 for Christmas. It came with 2-piece scope mounts & rings. I assume they were made by Ruger. They don't actually say. I guess I need to check with the store she bought it from. I had a little trouble lining them up using a Kokopelli Scope Bar. I think I would go with a one piece mount if I had it to do over. There is an illustration (ad) on the back of one of the recent issues of Bugle magazine showing a Ruger #1 with a one-piece scope mounting bar.

------------------
"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming."

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn't read the topic line close enough. I don't even know what a "Scout Scope" is.

------------------
"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming."

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Ascout scope is one that mounts out on the barrel a bit. Uses a scope with about an 8 to 10" eye relief. Keeps the scope from hitting your face under hard recoil.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think any one makes a scout scope mount for the no. 1 burris and others make a basic mount that a smith could fit for you.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote